At Killian, Davis, Richter & Kraniak, PC, you are in good hands with our knowledgeable Grand Junction RECA lawyers who are experienced in handling RECA claims.
Answers about EEOICPA & SEC Claims
What is the EEOICPA and Special Exposure Cohort?
Who is eligible to file an SEC claim?
To be eligible for compensation via the SEC, you must:
- Have worked at a designated SEC site for a minimum of 250 days
- Have been diagnosed with any of the 22 specified cancers.
Additionally, direct survivors of eligible workers, including the following, can be eligible for compensation by pursuing a claim:
- Children, including biological children, adopted children and/or step-children
What cancers are compensable under the SEC?
For the list of the 22 specified cancers, click here.
Where are SEC sites located?
SEC sites are located throughout the country. Sites include, Rocky Flats, Grand Junction AEC Compound, Nevada Test Site, DOE/AEC National Labs including Los Alamos, Lawrence Livermore, Sandia, Brookhaven, Savannah River, Hanford, Kansas City Plant and other DOE facilities. For a full listing of SEC sites, click here.
How much is an injured worker entitled to under the SEC?
Filing a claim can result in a tax-free, lump-sum payment of at least $150,000 up to $400,000.
How can Killian, Davis, Richter & Kraniak, PC help me with my claim?
- Dealing with the bureaucracy – Filing a claim requires the completion and submission of several forms, and making mistakes along the way can result in unnecessary claim delays (if not wrongful denials). We are experienced with this claims process and can take care of all of the complicated paperwork for you, helping to ensure that your claim proceeds as smoothly as possible.
- Appealing claim denials – If you have already filed a claim that has been denied, let us help you with the appeal. We can evaluate what may have went wrong with past claims while helping to craft you the strongest possible appeal.
- Providing you with personalized, responsive service – Throughout the claims process, you can count on our advocates to keep you informed about your case, be responsive to your needs and concerns, and provide you with honest answers and realistic expectations.
- Maximizing your benefits – Depending on your claim, you may be eligible for impairment or wage loss compensation. We can help you pursue all available remedies to ensure you are able to obtain the maximum possible benefits.
Why should I hire Killian, Davis, Richter & Kraniak, PC?
With more than three decades of experience representing injured workers, including those who have developed serious occupational illnesses due to radiation exposure, we have the insight, experience and resources you can rely on to help you resolve your claim as favorably and efficiently as possible.
How much do you charge to file my claim?
All attorneys’ fees for SEC claims filed with the Department of Labor are contingent upon the claim’s success. Our contingent fee agreement states that we can only collect fees if the claimant is awarded benefits. Attorneys’ fees are limited to 2% of the claimant’s award. If your claim is denied, you will not owe attorneys’ fees.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about your claim, potential awards and how we can help you, let’s meet for a free, no obligations initial consultation.
To schedule this meeting, call (970) 241-0707 or complete the contact form on this page. We do NOT charge any fees unless there is a payout for your claim, so you have nothing to lose – and everything to gain – by contacting us today.